April 2013 Energy Price Highlights
- The annual April 2013 power contract climbed 2% month-on-month to average £52.9/MWh. But on average the annual power contract is still 2% lower than this time last year.
- The annual gas contract rose 2.8% to a monthly average of 69.5p/th. The annual gas price has climbed 13% since July, and is up 3% on last year.
- Month-ahead Brent crude decreased 6% to a monthly average of $109.6/bl following the debt crisis in Cyprus.
- Continuing oversupply in the coal markets saw Annual API coal fall $4.55/t to a monthly average of $94.9/t.
- Carbon prices slipped further as uncertainty continued to surround EU plans to improve carbon pricing. Annual carbon dropped 11% to a monthly average of €4.2/t.